- Distinguished Fellow in Conservative Thought at the Heritage Foundation
- Pro to the question "Was Ronald Reagan a Good President?"
“There is also the remarkable Reagan record of the second term that includes his three summits with Mikhail Gorbachev that produced the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty and set in motion the forces that ended the Cold War without a shot, in Margaret Thatcher’s memorable phrase; his dramatic challenge at the Brandenberg Gate ‘to tear down this wall!’ which came tumbling down some 18 months later; his 1986 tax reform that lowered the top marginal rate from 50 percent to 33 percent, simplified the number of tax brackets, and eliminated hundreds of special interest provisions such as the ‘three martini’ lunch; his leaving office with a final approval rating of 63 percent, the highest of any president to that point…
‘We the people,’ said Reagan, ‘tell the government what to do, it doesn’t tell us.’ The idea of ‘we the people,’ he explained, was the underlying basis for everything he had tried to do as president.
And then, having restored Americans’ confidence in themselves and their future, having ignited an unprecedented period of prosperity with his economic reforms, and having ended the Cold War with a treaty and not a nuclear holocaust, he went home, having done his duty and served his country as few presidents have in our history.”
“Sorry, Hollywood: Reagan’s Second Term Was Incredibly Successful,” Daily Signal, Apr. 29, 2016
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Distinguished Fellow in Conservative Thought, B. Kenneth Simon Center for Principles and Politics, Institute for Constitutional Government, Heritage Foundation
- Adjunct Professor of Politics, Catholic University of America
- Chairman, Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation
- Former Founding Director, Institute of Political Journalism, Georgetown University
- Former Fellow, Institute of Politics, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- Former President, Philadelphia Society
- Former Media Fellow, Hoover Institution
- PhD, World Politics, Catholic University
- DHL (Doctorate of Humane Letters), Grove City College
- Attended Sorbonne
- BA, English, Duke University
- Has published more than 20 books
- Recipient, Order of Merit of the Republic of Hungary; the Millennium Star of Lithuania; the Cross of Terra Mariana of Estonia; and the Friendship Medal of Diplomacy from the Republic of China (Taiwan)
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Was Ronald Reagan a Good President?