- Former Prime Minister of Britain
- Pro to the question "Was Ronald Reagan a Good President?"
“We have lost a great president, a great American, and a great man, and I have lost a dear friend.
In his lifetime, Ronald Reagan was such a cheerful and invigorating presence that it was easy to forget what daunting historic tasks he set himself. He sought to mend America’s wounded spirit, to restore the strength of the free world, and to free the slaves of communism… His policies had a freshness and optimism that won converts from every class and every nation, and ultimately, from the very heart of the ‘evil empire.’
He won the Cold War, not only without firing a shot, but also by inviting enemies out of their fortress and turning them into friends.”
“Eulogy for President Reagan,” margaretthatcher.org, June 11, 2004
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Member, House of Lords, 1992-present
- Member of Parliament, 1959-1992
- Prime Minister of Britain, 1979-1990
- Leader of the Opposition, 1975-1979
- Secretary of State for Education and Science, 1970-1974
- Chief Opposition Spokesman on Education, 1969-1970
- Member, Shadow Cabinet, 1967-1970
- Opposition Spokesman 1964-1967
- Parliamentary Under Secretary, Ministry of Pensions and Ntional Insurance, 1961-1964
- Qualified as a barrister, 1953
- MA, Somerville College, University of Oxford, 1946
- Europe’s first female Prime Minister
- The only British Prime Minister in the 20th century to win three consecutive terms
- Britain’s longest continuously serving Prime Minister since 1827
- First woman to serve as Leader of the Opposition in the House of Commons
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Was Ronald Reagan a Good President?