- Radio and Television Host
- Con to the question "Was Ronald Reagan a Good President?"
“Reagan doubled taxes on working people. He doubled the social security tax. He raised income taxes on working people. He lowered – radically lowered, from 74% down to 28% – taxes on rich people. He created huge tax loopholes for corporations. He started the process of moving our jobs overseas… Have you noticed that before Reagan, every strip mall was filled with locally owned businesses and every downtown was full of locally owned businesses and today there’s none of them left in most of America? The reason of that is Reaganomics. Reaganomics has benefitted the rich… Since Ronald Reagan was elected president, wages of working people have actually gone down. Individual wages have gone down. Household wages have been flat but that’s because now you’ve got two people working instead of one. Before Reagan, one person could support a family at a middle class level. Since Reagan, it takes two, and even then you can’t quite make it.”
The Thom Hartmann Program, “Caller: How Do I Explain How Bad Reagan Was?,” youtube.com, June 4, 2015
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to US presidential history. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to US presidential history.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Television Host, The Big Picture, 2008-present
- Radio Host, The Thom Hartmann Program, 2003-present
- Volunteer, Salem International Relief Organization
- Co-owner, Hunter School, 1998-2015
- Former Psychotherapist, State of Vermont
- Former Engineer/Technician, RCA
- Former Disc Jockey, WITL
- PhD, Homeopathic Medicine, Brantridge (UK)
- MH (Master of Herbology), Emerson College
- CH (Chartered Herbalist), Dominion Herbal College
- Studied acupuncture at Beijing International Acupuncture Institute in 1986
- Twitter handle: @Thom_Hartmann
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s 2007 film The 11th Hour is based on Hartmann’s book The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Was Ronald Reagan a Good President?